See you May 19-20, 2023
Lander Community and Convention Center
950 Buena Vista Drive, Lander, WY
Please join us for the FREE family-friendly event to celebrate the kickoff to summer and highlight outdoor recreation opportunities and vendors. Come find out what outdoor activities are available in the area and enjoy live music, free food, climbing, shooting, archery, and more. Event goals are to showcase Fremont County area as a premier outdoor recreation destination, promote the local economy, and inspire interest in and conservation of Wyoming’s wildlife resources.
The Big Game Commissioner’s Tag is on sale now! And be sure to participate in the shop local raffle.
Prize drawings will take place at the event on May 20.
EVENT SCHEDULE (keep checking back for updates)
All activities at the Lander Community and Convention Center, unless otherwise noted.
Friday, May 19, 2023
- 8:30 am – 3:00 pm – Pre Registered school kids rotate through learning stations
- 4:00 pm – Open to the public
- 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm – Happy Hour, free drinks from Fremont Distributing, and appetizers sponsored by
- 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Live Music by Low Water String Band
- 8:00 pm – Event closes for the evening
Saturday, May 20, 2023
- 9:00 am – Event Opens
- 10:00 am – PBS Science Kids Activity
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm – Medicinal Plant Hike (in Sinks Canyon, see other opportunities)
- 11:00 am – Trap Release/Safety Demonstration
- 11:00 am – Flycasting demo and hands on instruction brought to you by Popo Agie Anglers
- 11:00 am – 3:00 pm – Wind River Backcountry Horsemen packing demos
- 12:30 pm – PBS Science Kids Activity
- 12:00 am – 2:00 pm – Medicinal Plant Hike (in Sinks Canyon, see other opportunities)
- 2:00 pm – Flycasting demo and hands on instruction brought to you by Popo Agie Anglers
- 2:30 pm – PBS Science Kids Activity
- 2:30 pm – Cornhole Tournament Registration – Advanced and Casual Divisions
- 3:00 pm – Turkey Calling Contest– kids welcome!!
- 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm – Cornhole Tournament with Fremont County Cornhole to benefit Bowhunters of Wyoming – Advanced and Casual Divisions (see other opportunities)
- 4:00 pm – Vendor show closes, Bowhunters of Wyoming benefit at Blushing Burro Bar and Cornhole Tournament continues
- 5:00 pm – LEDA’s FREE WOW appreciation BBQ
- 6:30 pm – Raffle prizes drawn after the BBQ
- 8:00 pm – Event closes
-Sunday, May 14- Saturday, May 20 (4 pm end), Shop Local Raffle
To participate, shop at Lander businesses including all vendors present at the WOW (excludes fuel and groceries) and save your receipts from the week leading up to the event (May 14-20) to enter. You will receive 1 drawing entry for every $10.00 spent up to $500.00 or 50 tickets. Present your receipts during the event to claim your raffle tickets and enter for the prizes you desire. You can also purchase tickets for $1.00 each.
The drawing will take place around 6:30 pm on Saturday, May 20 at the Community Center during the Water for Wildlife BBQ. Some of the larger prizes require you to be present to win.
-Saturday, May 20, 10:00 am and 12:00 pm Medicinal Plant Hike with John Mionczynski
Come and find out which plants were important as food and for medicinal use to the native inhabitants of this area. This hike includes a mix of botany, history, and chemistry. Please bring snacks, water, sturdy shoes, sunscreen and insect repellent. A notebook and camera are also strongly recommended. John’s events usually fill up very quickly so we encourage you to show up early at the NEW LOCATION Popo Agie Campground parking lot in Sinks Canyon State Park. Please contact John Mionczynski at (307) 330-5917 for more information.
-Saturday, May 20, 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm Cornhole Tournament to benefit Bowhunters of Wyoming and Wyoming Outdoor Weekend. – Advanced and Casual Divisions
Tournament takes place at the Lander Community Center. This is a doubles tournament and cost is $40.00 per team. Registration at 2:30 pm and we can help find you a partner if you need one. Prizes for 1st and 2nd in each Division. ($160/$120 for Advanced and $120/$80 for Casual).