Where does my money go?
Proceeds from this tag are split between the Wyoming Outdoor Weekend & Expo and the Wyoming Game Wardens Association.
The Wyoming Game Wardens Association was formed in 1973 for the purpose of furnishing a medium for good fellowship and loyalty to the Wyoming Game and Fish Department and fellow officers, effectively maintaining the wildlife resources of the State, promoting a more efficient and able force of wardens and to meet our responsibilities and problems collectively.
Since 1985, the Wyoming Game Wardens Association has had the ability to provide financial assistance to various charitable organizations, programs designed to enhance outdoor awareness to school-age children, research designed to improve wildlife law enforcement, handicapped hunter assistance, scholarship programs, and memorial funds. Total contributions have exceeded $400,000.00 since 1985.
The Wyoming Outdoor Weekend (WOW) has been put on through a partnership between the Lander Economic Development Association and the Wyoming Game & Fish Department to showcase the Fremont County area as a premier outdoor recreation destination, promote the local economy, and inspire interest in and conservation of Wyoming’s wildlife resource.
Proceeds raised from the event allow WOW and its sponsors to make a long-lasting impact on our local community and wildlife. Each year proceeds are split between a wildlife/habitat project and an economic development project. Here are some of those projects.
- GPS collars were purchased for bighorn sheep in the Seminoe-Ferris area to monitor movements related to habitat and potential interactions with domestic sheep.
- Variable messaging signs dedicated to Fremont County have been purchased and deployed to reduce wildlife roadway collisions.
- Man-made beaver dams on Green Mountain aimed at improving riparian areas.
- Two, lifetime licenses donated to Wyoming youth have been donated to inspire kids and promote future outdoor enthusiasts.
- Broadband expansion in Lander.
- Reliable air service support.
- Business recruitment.
- Supporting efforts for the retention of existing businesses.